BSYPJF offers a range of incentives to employers to support them in recruiting people in this age range, including a wage subsidy of £3,500 (matched wage contribution).
By re-engaging this economically inactive group, the BSYPJF will enable them to enter the labour market. The BSYPJF will support young people to find suitable roles to get them into the workplace.
The BSYPJF, launched by ladder partner Greater Birmingham and Solihull Local Enterprise Partnership (GBSLEP) can also be used to support young people coming off the Kickstart Scheme to look for new roles, successfully transferring the skills they gained through Kickstart to a new employer.
In order to qualify for the BSYPJF applicants need to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Aged between 15 (school leaver) and 29.
- Be NEET (unemployed claiming out of works benefits OR economically inactive).
- Meet at least one of the following additional criteria:
- 18-24 Longer term unemployed (6 months plus).
- From a BAME community.
- Have a physical or mental health challenge.
- A single parent.
- Not hold an entry level qualification.
- Live within Birmingham or Solihull local authority boundary on the date of recruitment.
Visit the GBSLEP website to find out more